Friday, August 5, 2011

Pemba!!!!!!

Crazy news!  I know where I'll be living for the next two years!  I get to live on Pemba, a small tropical island off the North coast.  It's just North of Zanzibar, it's better known sister island.  Apparently the island is lush and and has a vibrant Muslim community.  There's currently one Peace Corps volunteer there, and there's another trainee plus myself starting up there at the end of the month, so I'll have some friends I can visit.  Lots of planning and learning to do, and in a couple days I'm of to the Iringa region to shadow a current PC volunteer for a week.  

Here's some pictures for y'all!

Josei- the boy who I played guitar with a few weeks ago.  He's also a gymnast in his spare time.

My internship teaching group- we all went to the same secondary school 4 days a week for the last month to get teaching experience.  Left to right are Tyler, Marielle, Majid (our Kiswahili teacher), Becca, me, and Brie

A typical Tanzanian classroom.

My street!

My house!

My homestay brother Jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment